Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'm Sad . . . I'm Happy . . . I'm Confused

Well long story short.

I was whining about my shop being too small...Not really but it helps justify why "We" did what "we" did....yesterday.


Sue and I purchased a piece of property 1.75 acres in the country.Going to start building our new dream home...Hey!! I know!! What yer thinking…. we just built one 5 1/2 years ago...

But ya see. . . The story goes like this.


I had 3 different contractors come by our current home to give a bid on enlarging my shop...it is currently 11 X 24 feet.. Actually it is the third bay of our garage...I got a bid for $6,000…and one for almost $8,000…and one for $4,500…well he was the one I was going to choose…


I’m sad cuz he says he can’t do that until next spring….so
Sue says. You know Sue, she’s my adorable wife…..
Sue says “Honey why don’t we look for a lot and find one this time large enough to put a shop on it.
With all the air purification and air conditioning and etc you really would like to have.”
I say “Well I don’t want to spend that kind of money and start all over.”
Sue says, now mind you she’s the boss except on the third Thursday of each month when I get to be boss for the day.
I usually forget and I don’t re-call the last time Sue reminded me I was boss cuz it was the third Thursday….yada yada yada.


I’m sorry. . . I digress.


Anyway Sue said “We have always wanted to live in the country and lots/property around town are too expensive.
Let’s go look at those lots up the river we saw in June”
So we drive the 25 minutes up the river and sure enough 1 lot of the 12 is still available….We meet 2 of the nicest neighbors, had ice tea with them, and decided we would make an offer on the lot….


Wellll long story short…
I know I said that before, but hey I gotta finish why I’m sad, happy and confused….don’t I?
The seller accepted our offer….We are now the proud owners of a 1.75 acre parcel at the base of a hill, 25 minutes from town, with 11 other neighbors all on large parcels. . . so pretty quiet…has a year round stream running right through our property..


Okay so now I’m happy…
Oh yeah and Sue is ecstatic….Gotta remember who we are trying to please here…”The Boss!”


This is gonna be great…New adventure living in the country…landscaping all over…etc.


Now I’m sad…again...just learned… No DSL, No Broadband, No cable…gonna go back to dial up….
Sue says, “Oh my Gosh…Dial up…You poor baby…..”
“You are getting a 24x24 foot shop with radiant heated floors, air conditioning and a furnace, and air purification and dust collection…Yep I feel for ya! NOT! LOL”


Why am I confused?

I don’t know just usually am!

No comments: