Friday, August 26, 2005

My latest creations!!






This cutting is just a fun whimsical cutting I made out of baltic birch..No frame...Could be my Motto I guess?






The portrait took me about 8 hours of cutting and I think 6 blades. Yep it's scroll sawn.
I made the frame from Oregon cedar kept it rough sawn (to fit the theme of the portrait) with a routed edge to remain rustic.

This is a portrait of a friends nephew who is currently serving us in Iraq!

May he and all our troops be kept out of harms way!

This is the original photo! Thanks for letting me share it Proud uncle!

You can click on the photo to see greater detail!

4 comments:

Ricky said...

Wow, you are very talented. Once I buy my house, I'm sure I could think of something good to get. I love woodworking.

BA~~150

Rosemary said...

I'd love to see the photo that the picture is taken from. You are truly an artist with that saw of yours!

I look forward to your next creation, much in the same way I enjoy looking at photo blogs, except yours are for sale!!

BA~~82

Uncle Mike said...

Mandy,
Thanks for asking but I don't do those really intricate clocks.

However i do some scroll sawn patterns that have a small clock embedded in them. I have a few orders to complete and then i'll try to show you one of them.

I really need to get more of my creations on my website too.
BA~~1

Uncle Mike said...

BA is Blog advance..it is our Id number.....

http://www.blogadvance.com/

a members only blog excange site..come join the fun...

BA~~1